Saturday, December 23, 2006

This is Emily’s Birthday/Christmas Present.
It’s a little grungy because it’s rained for two days (and we needed it) We picked it up Wednesday in Ft. Gibson. It’s an ‘89 model Chevrolet Silverado. It’s loaded and has a new motor, transmission , tires, and a Kenwood CD player. We got it from a friend of my sister so we know the history on it. We put a new Steering Wheel in it and bought a tool box for the bed that we will put in tomorrow, we also have a new set of Rockford Fosgate speakers to install. Emily wants to do a few more things to it before she has it the way she wants. All she needs now is to get her licenses. A few more driving lessons and she will be ready to take her test. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready for that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tell Em, I am so jealous I'm gonna throw up, damn! Is she all excited? I know I would be. Tell her I said Merry Christmas. I'm glad for you Sweetheart!

December 23, 2006 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck!

All my guests are late so I have a few minutes to say: Nice truck! Wish my first vehicle looked that nice.

Okay Emily, make me proud when you take your drivers' license test -- I got a perfect score the first time I took the written test so study and make me proud. Oh yeah, I've taken the written test two additional times and each time I do a little worse. Both of you have a great Christmas, I'll talk to you later!

December 24, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Babs - it's a pretty slick truck, i told Em she's the first one in our family to get a car or truck when they turned 16, i had one when I was 16 but its was a handme down and not near as slick. Have a good CHRISTmas and we'll chat later. xoxo

AZCG - Emily hasn't really started studying yet, she is excited though and I can't hardly keep her away from the truck, she's trying to steal parts from my truck to fix her's up. You and K have a good CHRISTmas and don't eat too much. xoxo

December 25, 2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Oh baby I agree, what a nice truck, Em!!!
Give dad a huge hug for it, it's smooth!
Can I have one too? LOL

December 25, 2006 11:14 PM  
Blogger Chef said...

Em, way to go girl!! I am tickled as pink as...well, I'll reserve that comment for your father. Anyway, glad you got such a nice ride. Don't let anyone drive it, like friends, and don't let anyone smoke in it. It's YOUR truck. Your dad is a special guy, I know getting the truck for you meant more to him than getting it did to you. Hug each other for me. Jay, Tam, Jen, Logan, Maxx.

January 03, 2007 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home