Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Have Few Friends.

And yet I have no complaints, no worries. The friends I do have are top shelf. I guess as you get older the buddies kind of weed themselves out. You don’t have time for them or they don’t have the time for you. This is a good thing, kind of a natural culling of the herd. The real friends stay with you over the years. You don’t have to see them or even hear from them all the time. You know who they are and there is a comfort in just knowing they are there. I hope my friends all know who they are and know that I love them like family. You don’t get to pick your family, it’s kind of a crap shoot, either you’re lucky or you’re not. God has blessed me on both accounts. I wish that all of my friends could read this and know that I do love them. If I never get the chance to come out and say it just know that I do. It’s a given. And if I ever change my mind I’ll let you know. One of my brothers… I mean one of my friends has a blog. Chef Wannabe He has a bigger heart than most people know, and whether he admits it or not it’s a lot bigger than mine. If he thinks half as much of me as I do of him, then I’m truly a blessed man. He loves his God, his Family and his Friends. Some day soon we’ll share a meal together, hopefully it will be a meal we prepare ourselves outdoors on a grill. It’s been too long since we’ve broken bread together. I would like for him and his family to meet the rest of my friends and family. We just might have to get together at the lake or something this summer. I think that’s a fine idea, I’ll have to see that it happens. Peace to all and take care.

(thanks Chief, for everything)

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like to think that good friends are family that you hand-picked. I'm quite sure if we were closer, we'd be closer.
Big Love

December 07, 2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was talking with Chef, nice guy :)

And we love you too peacock. :)

nice song.. =P

December 07, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs & xmichra - my blog friends have become the friends i stay in touch with the most, if it were not for you all i'd have lost my noodle a long time ago, i actually used to work with chef, i've known him about 13 or 14 years, he's good people. and thanks for the song xmichra, i really like it. xoxo to both of you.

December 07, 2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

and another thing babs, if we we closer geographically we'd probably all be in trouble, but it would be a blast wouldn't it!

December 07, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

I'm sure they all know it already Chuck, that's why they stuck around so long. BTW that barbeque thing looks good!! Yummy chops!!

December 07, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hannelie - if you ever come to the states you and your family will have to come to a cookout at the lake with us, you bring the plates and cups and i'll bring the fire and the meat. i'll try and not tell too many lies.

December 08, 2006 2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck,

A timely post, I just helped my best friend celebrate her 58th birthday. I was her friend when she celebrated her 27th birthday (oh so many years ago), and we're still be best of buds. There were times I only saw her two or three times a year, but I always knew she was there for me if I needed her. Friend are a precious commodity.

December 08, 2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger Chef said...

Oh man Charles, you almost made me cry bro. Tam and I talk about you and Em every day, seriously. We don't say a prayer without mentioning you two. The cook-out is ON!! Let's just let it warm up a little! Lake, backyard, main street... doesn't matter. If we have fire, protein, and beverages of our choice, we are set. And all the blogger buddies have an open invitation as far as I'm concerned. You're the man Charles, always have been. Much love. Jay

December 08, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We'd paint the town Red, White and Blue, maybe get a tattoo, too!
Kisses Sweety!

December 08, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

azcg - i'd just be tickled if anyone gets to celebrate my 48th b-day. take care of yourself.

chef - The first annual "Beer Bust, Barbeque, Blogger Bash, and Bull Shit!"

(I was gonna add "Butt F**K" but I thought it might scare a few Yankees off) back atcha with the love.

babs - we'll have to have a custom tattoo designed for the occasion. xoxo

December 09, 2006 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home