Friday, April 06, 2007

Pissing and Moaning...

An elderly lady phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before the phone rang. The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile elderly lady. He climbed the nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then he heard the dog moan loudly and then the telephone began to ring. Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

NOTE : There was more on the Pet Food recall last night on "NightLine" on channel 2, something about "SUNSHINE" dog biscuits. I didn't get a chance to watch it, I was busy somewhere else. I'm worried about feeding my dogs anything. I've been feeding them cubed Spam for a week now. I have some Pedigree brand dog food but I'm even leery of using it. Good luck to all and your pets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chef said...

Hey buddy, I stop by here now and again, where is the motorcycle?? I was just getting used to it. Anyway, just wanted to say "hey" and let you know you got a buddy out here who wonders and ponders about you nearly every day!! Hope to see you soon. Drop me a line in email or on the blog. Later, Cook.

April 06, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

All these recalls on dog food has now made me go organic food for my pups *sigh*. Have a Happy Easter Chuck:-).

April 06, 2007 1:47 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey chef - e-mail me and tell me what address to use, i e-mail you every now and then but haven't been getting a response lately,

kaliblue - good idea with the organic food, keep taking care of that puppy and yourself, i'm glad that you keep stopping by.

April 06, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger mystified said...

i feed my dog fresh meat from the butcher's shop. well i would if i had a dog.

April 08, 2007 3:12 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

shane - my friend, you seem like a soulful person that would have a dog or at least a pet chicken...

what did ya think i was gonna say? a cat!

April 10, 2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home