Friday, March 30, 2007

Nothing In Particular

Sometimes I go a while without posting anything new. I have quite a bit of things already written and waiting. I even have a bunch of jokes saved up, mostly ones that friends have E-Mailed me. But for some reason I’m not inspired to post them. I don’t spend as much time on the computer as I used to. I sit at home most of the time with nothing in particular to do. I sleep, eat, watch TV, and pester my Daughter. When I’m not doing any of those I’m doing my best to wear out a set of fingers scratching a dog. The less I write the less people stop by and for that I am sorry. I miss a lot of my old Blogging friends that have faded away for one reason or the other. Sometimes I think of joining them and just hitting the “Delete This Blog” button. I miss my old blog. It might not have been as cool looking but it was more me. Maybe I’ll get the urge and change this some, I’m not too happy with the color, I don’t like the white background and the dark color of the text. Anyway, changing the subject quite a bit, a friend of mine (D.A.) plays the Dulcimer. Pretty cool I think. I wouldn’t mind getting to hear him play sometime. I remember back in the day he used to be a big “Journey” fan. I wonder if he tries to play any. I swiped this quote from an E-Mail he sent to my sister. Oh yeah, he used to be my Brother In-law too. But sometimes those things just don’t work out.

"The dulcimer--the quiet, peaceful, personal instrument designed for playing in a lonely log cabin deep in some dark holler--became lost in the modern transition to city life. The fiddle, banjo and guitar--all capable of being public instruments--began to take the lead as the folk instruments of America.

"The rediscovery of the dulcimer in our day is filled with serendipity. It is more flexible, and capable of more complexity than had once been thought possible. It is still pleasing in its utter simplicity and in its graceful lines. It is one of the most sweetly musical, charming instruments we know. "

Lynn McSpadden

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think i have eer heard anyone play the dulcimer before. I will have to youtube that or something :)

I miss everyone too. It's something of a strain to talk with people on-line and still lead a productive outside life. I think for me it is harder still.. because i get to meet and befriend some really great people. So I don't stay away long =P

Great song choise Chucky, I love it. (hugs))

~xmichra

March 30, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I love the old nature blog better ( like you asked me) and Journey is the bomb no matter what they are played on! I'm down to checkin in once a week as the new addition needs lots of medical attention as well as one on one time. I'm hoping everyone will stay on line. * waving up at X*

March 31, 2007 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*wave back at jerserytjej!!*

~xmichra

March 31, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thanks ladies - i think that i will at least log on once a week, emily goes to her mom's every other weekend and that always makes me hanker for some human contact, even if it is cyber contact (did i just use the word "hanker"?) i must be getting old. jersey, i agree i'm a huge fan of "journey" and "steve perry" too. i bet you like "boston" too, don't you.

April 01, 2007 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home