Thursday, January 04, 2007

Oklahoma turns 100 this year.

My Brother Larry will turn 53 God willing. He’s just had his second heart attack in three weeks. He’s been in the hospital for all of the last three weeks here in Muskogee and they just transferred him to St. Johns in Tulsa yesterday. He went in with chest pains and shortness of breath. Come to find out he had his 3rd or 4th heart attack, they’re not sure which and he also had pneumonia. They’ve taken about 60 lbs of fluid off of him and he’s been kept under on Morphine the entire 3 weeks. The pneumonia has cleared up but his blood gases are not what they should be. He’s on about 40 % oxygen by way of a temporary tracheotomy and they’re trying to start him on a feeding tube. Every time something good happens something bad soon follows. That’s just the way it is in our lives. I told a friend in an e-mail that if he doesn’t pull through that I don’t believe I’ll handle it very well. I’ve lost too many people in my life and I was kind of hoping with my health that I would be the next one to go.
Prayer and faith has gotten me through a lot in my life and I’m praying like crazy these days. I started wearing a cross around my neck to remind myself of the love of Christ and my love for him and I pray that he will let us have some more time with my Brother. My apologies for not coming around more often lately, my head’s not where it should be. Peace and health to all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chef said...

Hey bro, what could I possibly say that wouldn't sound trite, pathetic, and cliche'. Only you know what you are going through. The Lord does promise he won't put more on us than we can handle, I hold to that often. Keep the faith bro. Tell Em I love the truck. Jay

January 04, 2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey chef - loved the pictures of you and the family, tams and jenn are as lovely as ever and the boys are huge, it's a good thing thay all get their looks from their mom. hahaha!

keep praying with me, what's gonna happen is gonna happen. i just hope i can deal with it one way or the other. peace brother.

January 05, 2007 2:22 AM  
Blogger mystified said...

the Lord will not put us through anything but exactly what is required to achieve His will in us. sometimes it seems tough. look at what his Son did on Calvry just so that we would have a chance.

January 05, 2007 5:28 AM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

Hi There Chuck

Happy happy, seasons greetings and all that .... (although i see youve been on the rant again in previous posts :-).
I am just back and am catching up on the latest news....
Sorry to hear about your Brother. I hope all goes well. Also I hope the dog catchers get piles !!
See ya and chat later dude... keep the chin up!

January 05, 2007 5:32 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Bless your heart Chuck. I'm sending good thoughts, prayers and well wishes to ya'll, that things will improve if the Lord see's it fit to be. Hugs sugar!!!

January 05, 2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just as Chef stated, what can be said? Trials and tribulations, my life has been that way, all along. I get through one and here comes another mountain to climb, exhausted, faith tested. The one thing I learned through it all, is that there's a reason. What is the reason? Is it for us to look at life in a different perspective, what are we to learn or gain or garnish? The one thing you can do is to look at your blessings. I say this for a reason. It is a distraction from the evident but may make see what is not evident, what you must search for. Everything has a reason, everything. Count your blessings, search for truth in the situation, this day, count the good, pray for intervention and pray for His will to be done. Actually, the hardest thing is ti let go and let God. just do it. Give it to God completely. This is the key. I love ya and I'm here for you!

January 06, 2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Hang in there mate! Good wishes to your brother.

January 06, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thank you all for your kind words, i'll get around to visiting you all soon. take care.

January 08, 2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home