Friday, November 17, 2006


MEME From An Old F**ker

I got this from Xmichra (again) she said that she got it from “old bitter balls” and that the title amused her so she had to do it. So I gave it a shot too. If you read this, consider yourself tagged. So no backtalk now, just get it done!

1. - Do you like the look and the contents of your blog? ~ Yes, the template suits me, I like things neat and orderly. As for the contents of my rambles, if I don’t like it I don’t post it, I leave a lot of things on the cutting room floor.

2. - Does your family know about your blog? ~ My sister and my daughter do, I have three brothers that don’t, I’m not really keeping it from them it’s just something that’s not up their alley. I’d get a kick out of it if they did read it though.

3. - Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing? ~ I’ve told all of my friends about it, I e-mail them every now and then and remind them but most could care less, they are too busy with their own lives. I don’t have anything to hide, I’m an open book most of the time. I consider most of my blogging friends real friends anyway, sometimes they pay more attention to me than my face to face friends.

4. - Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try to discover new blogs? ~ Most days yes, but I make my self go down my blogroll about once a week and visit everyone, I don’t always leave comments though, sometimes my opinions sound kind of harsh so I delete them and go on down the line, I try not to flame anyone on their own blog, but sometimes I can’t help myself, honesty gets the better of me. If I like a comment or a picture that someone leaves on a post of someone’s I will go and check out their site then if they come by mine it kind of gets something going, I’m sure everyone know how that is.

5. - Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example. ~ Well much like Xmichra I haven’t killed or maimed anyone since I started blogging, I guess that’s a positive thing, I don’t get mad as much as I used to but that could also be the medication, I like the honesty of writing.

6. - What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter? ~ Again like Xmichra I’m a traffic whore just like I’m a comment whore also, it gives a little validation to writing when you know people are reading it, I have three traffic counters and I check them all of the time, I love the thought that people on the other side of the world take the time to read my thoughts.

7. - Did you imagine how other bloggers look like? ~ Yes. That’s why I ask for pictures of everyone, I know what most of my friends look like, but I don’t care if they know what I look like, I’m not as pretty as I once was, I tell people I’m kind of a cross between John Candy, Steven Segal, Michael Madsen, and Chewbacca. (In reality more like Meatloaf)

8. - Do you think blogging has any real benefit? ~ See # 5

9. - Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world? ~ No, I think that it brings the world a little closer together, especially when I read about other bloggers meeting one another.

10. - Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them? ~ Nope, I normally don’t read them. I’m political enough and it usually causes an argument between friends, so I’ve agreed with some to not go there. ( X )

11. - Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful? ~ If you don’t like it don’t come back, I’m sure a lot of folks haven’t.

12. - Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?~ Yes, but I’m more worried about what my friends would think, that’s why I have a contingency plan for just that very thing, my daughter will post a farewell letter incase of my demise.

13. - Which blogger had the greatest impression on you? ~ If anyone has impressed me I added them to my sidebar. Just go down the list.

14. - Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you? ~ Oh Gawd !! I hope to Hell no one is similar to me, that would be scary.

15. - Name a song you want to listen to? ~ There is a song in a movie, it’s at the beginning of “Leaving Las Vegas” with Nicholas Cage but it is NOT the song “Leaving Las Vegas” it’s kind of a Jazz song, all I can tell you is the a man sings it and it’s not Sting. I would like to hear again and own it. (I guess I could always just rent the movie, huh?)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your answer for #13. I should have been more thoughtful.. lol!

And i am on the unt for that song as we speak.

November 17, 2006 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you sure it's not sting??/ go here http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1207112&cart=428928374 and listen. click the little music not beside the song title 'Angel eyes" for either windows media (the first one) or real player (the second one).

November 17, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

xmichra - on # 13 i started listing everyone who has impressed me (you were in the top 3) and it was turning into everyone on my sidebar anyway.

went there and listened to them all and none of them rang a bell, maybe it's one of those times when my memory is not what it should be. thanks anyway.

November 18, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

praise - it's always good to hear praise.

November 18, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I love your answers. I did this one too, just not to be left out in the cold. Kisses Snookums!

November 18, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - i liked your answers as well. xoxo

November 19, 2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

I did your meme on my blog. :o)

November 19, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

md - i'm pleased that you visited my blog, i've seen your comments at other places before, come back anytime.

November 19, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

if anyone I dont know asks for my picture, I get creeped out. So dont ask. he he he. but you can see a photo of my rainboots

November 20, 2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home