Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It’s November the 28th...

Exactly one year since I last worked. I had a training class on safety in the work place that day, and when I returned to the office after the class, I fell in the parking lot. I finished out the rest of the day which consisted of driving 120 miles to pick up a client and taking them to an appointment. I was in terrible pain and could hardly drive. When the day was over and I got to my home I didn’t think I could make it up the steps and into my house but I did, one step at a time and pulling my left leg up behind me as I went. I decided that day that there would be no more work, I had dragged it out as long as I could. It was a hard decision for me, I believe that I cried while I made it, I did not want to call work and say, “I quit” I was not raised that way, a man works and that’s all there is to it, but my body had had enough and even though it was not a strenuous job most of the time I was tired of working in pain. My employers were great to me, they did not want me to quit and they kept me on the payroll another month and paid me for my last vacation that I had coming. If I ever get well enough to work on my feet again they would hire me back with no problems, I had been with them 14 year, out of 1100 employees I was about the 10th one they hired. I had been with them since about 6 months after they opened and before they had any clients to provide services for, so I guess you could say that I grew with them, I miss the people I worked with most of all. Anyway, one year and I’m still here, I had a good Thanksgiving and I’m looking forward to a good Christmas, my Christmas’ are always good whether I get anything or not, my family is always happy and Emily always does real well. As long as I am warm, my family is healthy and happy, we have good food and all of the kids are smiling and happy, it’s a good Christmas. You can always bet on one thing though, the Shoemakes are going to have some good ass food come Hell or high water, it‘s a fact. Peace to all.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hear anything back from the Feds yet?

November 28, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm right there w/ya Chuck. I'm in a similar position and can completely understand, completely! Kisses Snookums!

November 28, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

montanus - haven't heard anything yet, for some reason i'm looking forward to the 20th of december, according to my dob my payments should fall on the 3rd wednesday of the month, so that's what i'm hoping for, it would be a good Christmas if it did.

babs - good luck with whatever comes your way, you have sure sent me the good wishes this year and i wish you the same. xoxo

November 28, 2006 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song you choose is a good one. I love this song with everything i have. It's such a powerful songe, and it is of friendship and love, holding on and not axing off life dispite the badness the day may bring.

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters....


((hugs))

November 29, 2006 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call them up and say "Where my MONEY, BITCH!" They'll think you are black and they'll send your check overnight express.

November 29, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

xmichra - this is a bad recording of this song, it does not do it justice, the version you have by Bif Naked is extremely cool, that was the first time i had heard it. very cool, if i have one cd in my truck it is this one (and i do) i'm pleased that you like it.

(((hugs back atcha)))

November 29, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Montanus - I was gonna try what you said so I called them up and they put me on hold, in the mean time the mail man (woman) came to the door, I jerked the door open and said, "Where My MONEY BITCH?" terrified she said, "Wha-What Money?" so I said, "What You Mean, You Ain't Got MY MONEY BEE-YATCH?" I drew my hand back and she screamed and jumped off the porch and hit the ground running, I didn't even get my publishers clearing house sweepstakes envelope. maybe next time I should put some clothes on before answering the door.

November 29, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Chef said...

You the man Charles. I come to your Blog, and you always show me something new, interesting, or thought provoking. I wish you all the best with the gov. Red tape is a nasty thing. Peace. Hug Em for us.

November 29, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Chef said...

Oh Charles, ya shoulda warned me. There I was idly perusing my way through your blog, and I clicked on "25 peeps" ON MY WORK COMPUTER!!!! I'll probably be banned and banished forever. You ROCK.

November 29, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

chef - my brother the bad thing about "25peeps" is the nice cleavage shot with the neclace... it's really a dude's butt crack... sorry.

November 29, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sweety. Good video!

November 30, 2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

Hey Chuck buddy...

I hope you have a great Xmas and a better Newyear ! I am off on leave from next Friday for a month....
My son is joining me from SA for the Holidays as his school year ends now - i cant wait I havent seen him in a year & miss him somthing terrible....
Anyway, I will drop in from time to time... go well mate ....health & Happiness to you and yours...

December 01, 2006 3:51 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

bosbefok - i'm glad you get to see your son, i couldn't imagine not seeing my kid for a year, that day will come soon enough i guess, enjoy your time off. i'll be looking for you. peace brother.

December 01, 2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home