Tuesday, December 05, 2006


I had to go to Tulsa today for a bone scan of my left hip to try and determine the reason why I have considerable weakness in my left leg and have trouble baring weight on it, also to try and figure out why I have an elevated CPK level. I had to be at the Hospital 30 minutes early to check in, and because it was 23 degrees outside and Tulsa had just received nine and a half inches of snow, we had to leave a little early, about 8:00 AM. We found the Hospital with little effort, I hadn’t been there in years and there are like nine Hospitals in the Tulsa area so we had to drive around a minute or two before we found it. We had no problems getting in and finding out where to go, everything was going pretty smoothly and we didn’t have to wait long, I keep saying we because my sister Mytra drove me and Emily up there, Emily goes with me to most of my appointments because she helps wheel me around. Anyway all was fine and well, they only had to poke me five times before they could find a vein and then they had me stand up and push my pelvis up against this odd looking machine, I felt like I was molesting a television. Being that my problem is baring weight, standing and thrusting my pelvis forward was a huge pain in the butt, I could hardly stand up as long as they needed me to, then they shot the dye into me and told me to come back in three hours and do it all again. Sweet, no one had bothered to tell me we had to wait and kill time in Tulsa for three hours, a little info would have been helpful. So we went to the Bass Pro Shop in Broken Arrow and looked around for a while, then we got lost for about an hour in downtown Tulsa and finally made it back to the hospital in time to take a second go around at the bone scan thingy whopper. Never did hear anything about the elevated CPK problem and at 2:00 PM they said I could go, we stopped on the way home and had Chinese Food at a local buffet and I way - way over ate, we got home about 5:00 PM and by 6:00 PM I was in full “Nap Mode.” Em’s mom called at 8:00 PM and woke us up, Em started getting a headache that turned into a Migraine, which always makes her nauseated and by 10:00 PM she was revisiting her Chinese food, she said it was not as good the second time around. Finally by around 11:00 PM she was feeling well enough to go to sleep and we called it a day, she went to sleep and I got on the computer. So that was our day, I’m kind of tired and I’ve not really done anything other than sit in a car, sit in a hospital, and sit in a restaurant. I think I’ll give the dogs a snack and hit the hay myself. Peace and good night.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hospital visits are always a drag! I read your post at about 7:00am this morning and I figured I get right back and comment, well it's now 8:38pm and it's the first time I've had a chance to sit down at the computer. I had to go to the credit union and do some shopping because tomorrow is my best friend's birthday. We've been friends since we were in our 20's.

I had to Google CPK to find out what you were talking about. It seems like a pretty informative blood test, let's the doctors see what kind of road trip you bod's been on. I'm still having a heck of a time typing this comment, every other letter doesn't want to appear on the screen! I'm beating the keys as hard as I can in order to make them work -- it doesn't happen any other time except when I'm in your comment box. I wonder what's causing the problem?

Sorry to hear Emily had to revisit her Chinese food, I hate throwing up! Once when I was a kid a doctor gave me some nasty tasting syrup that's supposed to make you throw up, and he kept waiting... and waiting... he finally asked me if I was nauseous, and I said yes, but I informed him that "I'm not gonna throw up because I don't want to."

Take care, I'm tired of banging the keys so hard my fingers are hurting! Well, I let up on the banging and now everything seems to be working alright. Hell, it must be me! No, it did it again. The weather here is crazy a few days ago we had freeze warnings and now it in the low 70's during the day. Take care!

December 05, 2006 9:58 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey arizona - i hate it when my keyboard doesn't behave, my shift key doesn't work half the time, that's why i hardly ever capitalize. the snow is melting off here pretty quick now. i think i'm gonna google cpk also, i had two different doctors explain it to me and i'm still clueless, just one more thing that can jack my kidneys up, i hope the weather makes it's mind up, looks like oklahoma is coming to arizona to play boise state in the fiesta bowl, hopefully we'll win, take care of yourself.

December 06, 2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger mystified said...

i dunno, i nearly died on sunday, i been in the hospital for the last four days. i even enjoyed the food. at least i got to have it.

December 06, 2006 2:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I swear I left a comment on this before. Maybe, I didn't post it and clicked it closed like a dumbass. I hate Dr.'s and hospitals and all that hunky dory shit. Hope you are comfortable and warm sweety!

December 06, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

shane - my blessings and prayers are with you my friend, i'll be by your site next, i kind of like hospital food, like you say, at least you get to have it, hang in there and be strong.

December 06, 2006 6:52 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - i know i do the same thing, i'm always exiting without publishing and then i wonder what happened to it, either that or people just get tired of my crap and delete me, stay warm and send a prayer shane's way, he's good people, but you know that. xoxo

December 06, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

Babs I do the same some times, I type and close down, when I revisit people's blogs my comment is gone.
Chuck so do you know the results of the x-rays yet? My dad sit's with the same prob currently he got a very sore hip and uses a cane now, we suspect osteoporosis and docs recommended a hip replacement but he's not happy about it..

December 07, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hannelie - i won't hear about them until my next visit and that's not even been scheduled yet, it could be a month or better before i know anything.

December 07, 2006 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home