Wednesday, November 22, 2006

First off, I just updated from IE 6 to IE 7.

So now I have to learn how to use it all over again, whatever happened to, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Second, I had some good/bad/I’m not sure, news today (today being Tuesday, Nov 21, I've not been to bed yet so it is still Tuesday to me). It all started with being on the phone trying to find out something about my disability claim yesterday for about four hours (sometimes I want to just give the f**k up) after being on hold forever to the national 1-800 number, just to find out that their computers were down and I’d have to call back. Sweet huh? So today after only an hour and finding out there was something wrong with my phone line and not being able to call any toll free numbers and guess what, the AT&T phone repair number is a 1-800 number. So I had to call my sister at work and have her call the phone company and have them call me back. Well to make a long f**ked up story a bit shorter, after two hours and six phone calls and changing to three different phones and being told that my less than a year old $169.00 phone is not worth a s**t which I refused to believe and besides along with my phone problems that means slower than ass internet hook-up. Anyway, strangely after talking to the phone cops, my phone and internet connection is working better, imagine that. So I give the disability folks a ring once again and find out some news, good or bad, I still don’t know. It seems that Social Security has made a decision about my claim on November the 13th, cool! Some progress finally, but the dear lady on the phone could not tell me the outcome, she said that I would have to contact the local office here in Muskogee (I know, hick town USA) so she gave the number which I already have. So I called it… and called it… and called it. Always busy, for two more hours busy, I started calling a little before 10:00 am and now it’s 1:45 pm, I’m so sick of holding the phone that my arm is getting weak. Anyway, once again to shorten it up a bit, about 2:00 pm I finally got a person on the line, a rather nice lady that eventually got around to telling me that a decision had been made BUT… my case was randomly selected for a review and was sent to Dallas Texas for said review. I asked her what the decision was and she informed me that she could not tell me because pending the review it could be overturned one way or the other and she did not want me to get my hopes up or down. I said, “you’ve got to be kidding me” she paused and in a way that let me know without just coming out and saying so that normally (she emphasized the word “normally”) that cases selected for a random review were because of an allowance, I said, “what do you mean allowance?” she said, approved. So I then I asked about how long did a review take and she said, “not very long and that they would send the results back to the local office and they would inform me one way or the other by mail.” I thanked her kindly and hung up at 2:21 pm. Almost four and a half hours with a phone to my ear, at one point I tried to plug my headset for my computer into the phone but it wouldn’t fit, too big. Did I mention that all the time I’ve been on the phone the last two days that my chest hurt and I had the chills and felt like I was going to throw up. I just knew I was gonna get bad news. But I’m taking this as good news because at least I was A-FRIGGIN-PPROVED! I could still be denied now but I’m trying to think positive. Back pay for a year will be pretty sweet. More waiting though. Wish me luck. Peace to all.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty appalling run around. Contrast the American beauracracy with Canada, something I've had some experience with these past few months. The Canadians pretty much get stuff done fast and without big problems. I wonder why America has to be so screwed up. I think it's because they hire all these not very smart individuals, then they can't fire them, and the machine just grinds to a halt. Maybe you will get that call soon and get some positive news. I hope so.

November 22, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger mystified said...

the nz system is just as appalling. hang in there [kia kaha]. ever tried "mozilla firefox" as a browser? far more secure and can do way more. its free. google it.

November 22, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey frank - the last company i worked for was one of the best at what they did, every year they were audited by the state and always recieved at least a 95 to 98% rating, the best in the state, but the red tape, paperwork and general bulls**t was terrible and twice as bad as any other company, our employee turnover was high and most other companies (made up of people who at one time or the other were trained or worked for us) despised us, our closest competitors only recieved a rating of about 78% on a good year. "sometimes when you're at the top you have to climb a lot of s**t to get there, and to stay there you may have to sling a little" (i just made that up, pretty cool huh?) well anyway, take it easy old friend.

November 22, 2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

shane - i'm not big on change, even though a lot of times it's for the better. i've had other folks try and get me to switch to firefox but i'm just and old IE fan, i'm already getting used to the new version and it's kind of neat, i'm gonna work on my sister's computer this week and i may just switch her to firefox and see how i like it (she can be my guinea pig) but i do wah-doe [thank you] for the reminder, take care brother.

November 22, 2006 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! *THINKING POSSITIVE* *~*DANCE OF JOY~*~

i am so glad for you!

and the new IE is great, i actually ise it a bit more than mozzila now. If i could get all my tabs to open up all at once like i can in mozilla.. i may even get rid of firefox.

November 22, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Xmichra - Yes! Positive thinking, Hope is restored, we may just have a Christmas yet, and Emily's B-Day is a week before that, she'll be... 16! I have to go lay down now, I'm suddenly feeling very old. Good Night.

November 22, 2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweety, I just can't imagine them not giving it to you. We'll agree in prayer, that God knows what's up and we see fit. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, ya hear me? Kisses and Big Love!

November 23, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thanks barbara j - i feel pretty good about it now, hopefully just a little more waiting, you know, looking back it hasn't been such a bad year, i'm still here. have agreat day. xoxo

November 23, 2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers eyes toes and ankles crossed for the decision to go in your favor Chuck. Lord knows you've been waiting long enough..it's your turn now!

Also want to wish you & yours the best thanksgiving..a little late I know..but my hearts there.

By the way IE 7 isn't too bad..not crazy about their pop-up blocker always getting in the way..but do like the multi-ple wndows that all open in the same window instead of having 5 open at the same time.

Thoughts are with..

Mary
x

November 24, 2006 12:38 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

mary b - i at least have hope now, i feel pretty good about a positive outcome, feels strange being semi-happy, we had a good thanksgiving, i spent it at my sister's, we had some family and friends over and that was good. i hope you had a good day, i'm not sure if you celebrate thanksgiving or not. yeah IE 7 seems to be pretty cool, i'm getting used to it already, have a good weekend and give that dog a scratch on the head for me, take care.

November 24, 2006 3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on you deserve it..yes we celebrate it but in early October..you know us canucks..always trying to outdo you guys. Never quite making it..hehe..ah well you keep us on our toes.

Wish I could give the lovely Bella a million scratches...she passed awhile back..but she's always with me in spirit.

Have a good one Chuck..be back soon.

November 24, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

mary b - i'm really sorry about bella.

November 25, 2006 2:39 AM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

Dude, forget about all the negatives..... al the phoning, hanging on for hours, chest pains etc..... Confrigginlatulations on the approval !! A years back pay will make the negatives pale and the hurt receede a little... Youre right it will be sweet !! Good luck mate....

November 28, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

bosbefok - that's the exact attitude i'm taking towards it, it's just a matter of time now. i'm glad that you stopped by, it's always good to hear from you. take care friend.

November 28, 2006 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home