Tuesday, April 18, 2006

~ My Friend, Barbara Jean ~

This is my friend Barbara. That says it all right there, “my friend.” I don’t have many, The ones I do have are forever. You have to be one to make one, and that’s something I’m just not very good at. I don’t take the term or use the term lightly. Being a friend should be like family, you don’t choose to love them, you just do. And you love them no matter what, the way God intended. That’s the only way I know how to love. I don’t know what brought me and Babs together but we hit it off right from the start. She has character, not to be mistaken for being a character. Although sometimes she is the shits. She can tell a dirty joke to a Preacher and quote scripture to a Biker. She has traveled a road most people would not have taken. It has gotten her where she is and has made her who she is, so I have no troubles with it. She has a host of friends from all over. She makes no bones about it and will tell you just how the cow ate the cabbage. She wears her heart aches and failures as a badge, as a reminder. She will not forget her old road and her old ways, I know she stares down them often, but still she turns away. I may never get to meet my friend in person, I may never get to touch her hand, or kiss her cheek. She is in my thoughts and dreams and I... love her. That may be the only time I’ll say it, if I ever change my mind I’ll let her know. But I don’t reckon I’ll have to. Check out what she has to say, she is as interesting as she is entertaining. Just click on
Babsbitchin' and hold on. Good day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

babs, i may have to delete this, it's a little too touchy feely for me, i wouldn't want folks to think i've gone soft.

April 18, 2006 2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold on! lol -- I love this tribute! Nice to meet you, Chuck. I was just over at Babs (isn't she the best), and I clicked your name, which of course brought me here to this post. I don't make comments often (if at all, in fact), but when I read your post about Babs, I just had to comment. What you have said about her is not only written beautifully, it's so true, too, and so deserved. I think I'm a good judge of character, and Babs has .... well -- put it this way: I think she's simply remarkable. I met her through her blog months ago. I was so impressed and felt something so strong, so wise, so deep and so good when I was reading her blog, I could tell (to my bones, as they say) that she is a remarkable person in all ways. Family, friends, those she's never met, those she WILL meet. This tribute to her is lovely; it's so true; and it's so deserved.

OK - I have an image to uphold, too, lol, and can't be getting too touchy-feely, either :)

April 18, 2006 6:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, I am completely speechless. This is so touching, so moving. Chuck buddy, I told ya I loved you and I meant it. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh, that is so sweet, Im gonna copy it in case you get a case of hard ass and drink it!!Baby, that's just the sweetest thing!!
And Shad Catcher, well she's my best blog pal and we hit it off from the start from the git go!They don't make 'em any better Chuck, she's a woman with heart!!

April 18, 2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

wisteria, i've seen the name before, i am honored that you left a comment, anyone who loves dogs, quotes Will Rogers (oklahoma's favorite son) and takes care of their parents is ok by me. come again if you find the time.

babs, maybe that warm fuzzy feeling you give me is just gas.

April 18, 2006 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home