Monday, April 17, 2006

“Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin splitting throats.” H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

The “Sage of Baltimore”, American author, critic, newspaper man and iconoclast. Check out more about the man at,
http://www.mencken.org/ he was an interesting man to say the least.
“If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.”—“Epitaph” Dec. 3rd, 1921.


‘Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,’ "Wow! What a Ride!".
(unknown)


‘When I come sliding in, I’ll probably catch my eyelid on a rusty nail and proclaim loudly,’ “Shit! My Eye!”
C.E. Shoemake,
4-17-06

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoyed this. It is sassy, classy, historical and rhetorical. Love it sweets!

April 17, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

yeah, it's just a little piece, nothing like the nationally acclaimed "BITCHIN'& STUFF" as heard on "WNYC" Talk Radio All Day, Classical Music All Night. but i like it. well done my friend, well done.

April 17, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just noticed this comment you dirty bugger. But ,"I" am your greatest fan!!

April 18, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 18, 2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Hell Babs, you're my only fan.

April 19, 2006 4:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bullshit. And you just started.It'll happen because the stuff you write is really good. Watch it grow. Not that, I'm talking about your blog!!tehe

April 19, 2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

manageable firstly adjust stateshawaii compiled sarkhej pfizer internship alarge nikita adheres
lolikneri havaqatsu

February 07, 2010 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home