Monday, April 17, 2006


~ The National Rifle Association ~

Incorporated in 1871 to provide firearms training and encourage interest in the shooting sports. Includes news on guns and hunting as well as gun safety and education. I’ve had this sticker in the back window of almost every truck I’ve owned since I was eighteen years old. Yes I may be a Redneck, and yes I might have had gun racks in my back window (I said had) but now days you can’t hardly put that sticker on your car or truck because it is an invitation to thieves. About a year ago my truck was broken into and my Stainless Ruger .357 Magnum was stolen (still makes me sick to think of it). I reported it to the local Police and when they came by to fill out the report, the young officer noticed my NRA sticker in my back window. He then told me that he belonged to the association and our behavior toward each other changed a little, it wasn‘t so formal anymore. He went on to tell me that since he became a cop, he took the sticker off of his car and his wife’s, he said that he learned that it was an invitation to a thief because it advertised that you were a gun owner. It made you a target. I thought just the opposite, The last person I would steal from would be a gun owner. He said years ago that was just the idea, I belong to the NRA so stay away from my property. But the thugs and wanna be gangsters of today are more bold and more stupid. Use to be, a stolen gun was a scary thing to have, it was hidden or modified, sold cheap or used and discarded. He said there was a good chance the gun would eventually show up because the punk that stole it would probably carry it and it would get picked up in a car search or a bust of some kind. Thugs now days are just that “Thugs” too scared to take an Ass Whooping, they have to use a gun and try and prove something. That makes it look bad for everyone that owns a gun. I’ve always owned guns and I hope I always will. My Grandpa owned them and so did my Dad, I’m pretty sure it went back farther than that, my Great Uncle was a U.S. Marshall during the early 1900’s, so I’m sure he had guns also. I’ve never pointed one at anybody and hope I never will. I don’t keep one in my truck anymore nor do I keep a NRA sticker on my truck. It’s on the front door to my house. And if someone wants to break in here and take my stuff, well he just better hope I’m not at home. I used to hear people say “I hate a liar worse than a thief.” The idiot that said that never had his Ruger .357 stolen I bet. That cop never acted like I shouldn't have had that gun in my truck, he just said that I shouldn’t have left it in there. Next year my Daughter turns 16, she already owns a couple of firearms and knows how to use them and more importantly she knows how to handle them safely. For her 16th birthday she will be getting a membership to the NRA along with a Hunter’s Safety Course and some cash so she can buy some girly stuff too. She’ll probably put her sticker on her guitar case. If you are a gun enthusiast and want to join or just know more about it, go to their web site, at The NRA http://www.nra.org/ there is a lot of helpful information along with some fine benefits. It would even make a fine gift. Good day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good post buddy. I grew up in a NRA household and was always with a gun or a gun was always with me. OMG, I miss just knowing that the situstion is always equalized. Oh well!!

April 17, 2006 6:29 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

i never want to shoot anyone, but when i carried one in my truck, it was good to know i could, always remember, center mass, two in the chest, one in the head.

April 17, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

seeing as how i am not, and never have been affiliated with the long island police dept, the nyc state police dept, the state of philadelphia doc, or the fbi in any way, shape, or form. you are still going to set there and tell ol' chuck you ain't a packin'. fuh-get about it.

April 17, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A girls gotta do but shhhhhhhhh!!

April 18, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

i seriously did not type "the state of philadelphia" did i? you can tell me when i'm a dumb ass ya know. spell check is fine, but i need a "dumb ass" button also. call bill gates.

April 18, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never noticed your trangression until you pointed it out. I was too busy makeing sure it was safe to divulge,uh,that I always carry rubbers. Yea, that's what I was talking about when I said protection, right? Yea, that's the ticket!

April 19, 2006 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home