Thursday, April 13, 2006

From Humble Beginnings...

A young Hillbilly called Kenny moved to Texas and bought a donkey from a farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey to Kenny the next day.

The following day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, son, but I have some bad news. That donkey just up and died."

Kenny replied, "Well then, I guess just give me back my money".

The farmer said, "I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I spent it already".

Kenny said, "OK. then, just bring me the dead donkey."

The farmer asked, "What are you going to do with a dead donkey?"

Kenny answered, "I'm going to raffle him off."

The farmer said "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

Kenny responded "Sure I can. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What ever happened
with that dead donkey?"

Kenny answered, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and I made a profit of $998.00."

The farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Kenny said, "Just the guy who won, so I gave him back his two dollars."

Kenny grew up and eventually became the chairman of Enron

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is this a true story Chuck? It's a good one but is it true, do you know?

April 14, 2006 6:38 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

sorry, i really don't know, i look at it as just a joke. i thought of taking the end off, what do you think?

April 14, 2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, I loved it, leave it!! xoxo

April 14, 2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home