Thursday, November 09, 2006

The 'King of Cool's' collectibles auction

A telegram sent by late U.S. movie star Steve McQueen to Patrick Wayne, the son of U.S. actor John Wayne, on his father's death is displayed in Los Angeles. An auction of McQueen collectors' items will be held on the 11th of November at the Petersen Automotive museum. The sale will feature motorcycles, motorcycle clothing, knives, saddles and other memorabilia.

I'd cut off my left testicle with a dull deer antler for a saddle owned by Steve McQueen.

Born Terence Steven McQueen on the 24th of March at Beech Grove, Indiana, USA. Dies at 3:45 am on the 7th of November 1980 in Juárez, Mexico, less than 24 hours after undergoing a successful surgery to remove the cancerous tumors in his right lung. His ashes were scattered in the Pacific Ocean.
I wonder what they would call an "unsuccessful surgery?" He was only 50 years old.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought Steve McQueen was all that. He really struggled in his death, in the public eye too. He went to Mexico and was getting what they considered unconventional medications and procedures such as coffee enema's and so on. It really put death into perspective for a lot of people. No matter who you are, money can't buy everything, even if some of us may deserve it. He was all that!

November 09, 2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

cancer is a b**ch

November 09, 2006 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite McQueen movie was Bullit (1968), fast cars and lots of chase scenes. Fell in love with the Black Dodge Charger and the 390 Mustang. I just graduated from high school -- jezz I'm old!

November 09, 2006 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps! I meant Bullitt, I think? Gotta go Google the title!

November 09, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

bullitt is correct, one of my favorites of all time, when the charger first takes off and steve gives chase, i damn near get a hardon. "tom horn" is one of my favorites also, pretty sad for a true story.

November 10, 2006 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home