Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I was in a huge panic last night.

I hadn’t cleaned any of my guns in a while and I decided that I’d better check them and make sure none of them were acquiring any surface rust. And when I was getting out my handguns I was coming up three short. I yelled for Emily to come give me a hand and we tore apart my two gun cabinets and still came up three short. I was starting to lose it, so I counted my long guns and came up one short (I thought) but Emily came up with it, it had been moved to another gun rack and I guess that I was in such a panic that I over looked it. But still three handguns short, a .44, a .36, and a 22 magnum. So I told Emily to put everything else on hold because we were going to tear the house apart until we found them. So first we looked through all of my hunting and camping gear (well almost all of it) then we looked through some plastic storage tubs (I don’t know why they would be in there but I was leaving no stone unturned) I was starting to sweat, I’d had a few guns stolen before and it about made me throw up, I a .357 magnum stolen from my house when I still lived in my Dad’s house and I had a .357 stolen out of my truck a few years back ( I have no luck with . 357’s I guess) anyway Emily and I were going from box to box searching when we looked in an old Remington Ammo box and found all three of the missing guns. I must be getting old because I could not for the life of me remember why I put them in there, I keep all but one of my guns in locked gun cabinets or locked on a gun rack. I keep a .45 next to my bed (no lectures please, I’m not going to die from lack of shooting back) so all of my guns were accounted for and locked back away, I must be getting old. Emily sure was relieved because she could see what a panic I was in. so we calmed down and had supper then watched her favorite TV show, “Prison Break”. So tomorrow I will start cleaning guns, it shouldn’t take to long I only have about 26 left. Oh…I did go by a friends blog tonight and he mentioned that he had acquired an 1892 Winchester Carbine, he did not say what caliber but it really doesn’t matter, I have a couple of Winchester carbines but none that old, I have a new Rossi Mod 92 .45 Lrg Loop Carbine but it’s only a replica of the old Winchester, I have a few Rossi’s and they are all fine shooting guns but I’d give my eye teeth to have a real 1892 Winchester, it’s the model John Wayne carried in so many of his movies (one of his rifles is on display at the “Cowboy Hall of Fame” in Oklahoma City) I had the pleasure of seeing it there back in ‘93. Anyway all present and accounted for so I can rest easy now. I hope everyone has a good week. Peace.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

8 Comments:

Blogger Flea said...

Remind me again not to cross you, or upset you, or go against what ever you say! LOL whow. Luckily it sounds to me that you are a safe gun keeper. My husband's work all went pistol shooting once and it was great, I loved it!

November 14, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hannelie - it just upsets me that i never get to shoot anyone, some of my guns have never been fired, and some are so old that i wouldn't fire them again, and there are a couple that i wont shoot to try and keep there value up. i was raised around guns and i've raised my daughter around them, i've taught her everything that i can think of, she's extremely safe and she knows how they function, i have no worries about her getting one out and fooling around with it, she owns 4 herself. i have 3 brothers and they all own guns, i think my sister even has a few, i've had to sell a few when times got hard, i promised myself i wouldn't sell anymore, but money is getting scarce around here. well i'm rattleing on, take care and have a good week.

November 14, 2006 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. misplacing guns is NEVER a good thing. even if it is for a few minutes.. lol! Good thing they are all acounted for. i would have started to panic too.

November 14, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn, you had my ass hairs up there for a minute. Glad it all works out. If you can wrap them in a shami cloth after oiled, they'll fair better. But you knew that. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

November 14, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

xmichra - i guess i really am getting old, my memory is shot, if i didn't know better i would think that someone is messing with me, i still feel like i'm sharp but the verdict might say something different.

babs - i can't find a lot of things that i thought i knew where they were. my legs are shot, my eyes don't work and i could care less about nookie, maybe it is time for the pasture.

November 14, 2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great Chuck! I love to see some of the wood work on some of them! Really a piece of art.

November 15, 2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Want a grazing partner???

November 16, 2006 6:52 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - there is three essential steps to proper grazing;

1. eating
2. shitting
3. sleeping

i think that we are both qualified to carry out the afore mentioned steps.

November 16, 2006 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home