Friday, October 20, 2006

I got this Meme from Xmichra, seems like I get a lot of things from her, anyway she made it up and I thought what the heck, I got nothing better to do today.

1. You get to live a life of a character in any book. Who’s life would you live?? -- I would be “Hawkeye” The Long Carbine, adopted son of Chingachgook, brother to Uncas in James Fenimore Cooper’s “Last Of The Mohicans”

2. I am taking you out to dinner. My treat, and the sky is the limit. What do you order, and where do we go? -- You’d stop by and pick me up on the way to Georgia, we’d pick up Frank and his wife and we’d go to his favorite BBQ place and have Ribs and Iced Tea, with chocolate pie for dessert.

3. You have to irradiate a color, a number, a letter and a vegetable from this planet. What would they be, and why?? -- First off I had to look up the word “irradiate” and it made no sense to me so I’m going with “eradicate”. -- I’d get rid of the color “grey”, the number “28”, “turnips”, and the letter “K”. Because all colors are beautiful but I guess “grey” would be the only one I could picture doing without. The number "28” because I forgot my 28th birthday and went two years thinking I was “27”, turnips just suck and we could always use the letter, “C” in place of “K”.

4. You get to have a whole day to yourself, and spend as much money as you want. What would you do? -- Since I was going to be by myself I would visit John Wayne’s gravesite.

5. You are another race. What did you choose and why? -- I would be Maori and I would live in New Zealand, because of what very little I know of their culture they believe in respect and treating each other accordingly.

6. You get to decide the religion of the world.. everyone will follow it. What would it be? -- Christianity (that was pretty simple) but I do believe if everyone believed the same it would cause problems some how.

7. I give you a pencil, paper and wave some creative faerie dust on you, what do you make? -- A picture of my mom and dad, and I don’t need the dust, I could do it on my own.

8. If you could go back in your life, what would you change?? (and none of that cop out “I wouldn’t change a thing” crap either.) -- I’d work my ass off to make a better life for my mom and dad, theirs was too short and full of hardships.

9. Your life is falling apart. Seriously falling to pieces… no dramatics. You are losing your job, your house, your spouse, everything is on the verge of crashing. What would you do? Save it, or leave it? -- Been there and I pulled up my pants and saved it, my life that is, the spouse was a wash, but I learned to get by! I may be looking at losing everything again anyway, we’ll see what happens.

10. Just for fun, you get to ask any question to me. And I will try my best to answer. What will you ask? -- Where do you go inside your head to get away?

This meme made me sad. It was all I could do to keep from crying.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M SO SORRY! I didn't mean to make you upset Chuck! My idea was to get to know people.. instead of those generic "what kind of drink to you prefer" things that are more prefrences than charateristics.

That made me really sad to hear... or read i suppose.

I do love the picture up top, that looks really lovely.

and to answer your question : I find it really hard to 'get away' in my head. It is a very dangerous place.. because my head seems to think in dark tones. So I retreat to my computer more often than not.

But if it is just me and my noggin' , well, i try to meditate. I have to concentrat on allowing light into my head and to focus on warmth. That seems to wash any other thoughts away and I can relax. But it is difficult, and cannot be interupted. so i rarely get to do that.

October 21, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

no problem, i was already upset. sometimes i just feel like admitting how i really feel. i'm tired and need a change. it would take so little for everything to come together.

October 21, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can see why it would be sad. I too fight everyday to keep myself from going ballistic or crying my eyes out, there's a fine line. But on a brighter note, I really liked a few of your answers. Eradicating K could make sense and grey too. Now, cheer up, smile and slap that bitch!

October 22, 2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

you know that i'm in a pretty good mood most of the time, i've almost gotten used to living in a certain amount of gloom, if i was to be notified that i was getting my disabilty i don't know how i would react, it's been a long, long time since i thought everything was okay. peace.

October 22, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger mystified said...

oh how i know what you mean. losing it all. the doors close tight and shut you out. funny though.....i notice every time. different doors swing wide open. so i came to the view that to facilitate meaningful change, the big fullah will close the doors on the things he decides are no longer helpful to my future. man it can hurt too. i am slowly [i mean slowly] learning to look for the doors that open when others close. it is always out of my comfort zone [bugger]. there are things that you won't lose. your daughter's love. the feeling of importance you get when you look in your dog's eyes. true friends. your heart. other things only you know about. charles, it's tough, but don't lose sight of the good things that you have. the things that truly matter.
kia kaha e hoa. kia kaha.

October 24, 2006 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home