Saturday, October 07, 2006


The Red River Rivalry

I'm not very big on sports, in fact they could take all of sports off television and I'd be just fine. But if I only watch one game a year on the tube, it would have to be The Oklahoma University Sooners versus the University of Texas Longhorns. Now because of some deal between the two schools, the game is to be played in Texas for a certain amount of years, now some (Texans) say that this is due to the accommodations in Texas, but here in Oklahoma we know that it is because Oklahomans can venture South of the Red River and make it back in one piece, but win or lose some of them boys dressed in that funny burnt orange, if they was to creep up here North of the Red River… well lets just say that they might not all make it back unsoiled. Now last year the Gods did not shine on us as usual and at the end of the conflict the outcome was not in favor of the Blessed Boys in Crimson. So this year the powers that be have the Sooners as four point underdogs to the Longhorns. This could turn out to be a good thing, a little false security in the heart of Texas just might make them boys show up to play with an added sense of optimism and they may even make a game of it. Either way tomorrow, Saturday October the Seventh at 2:30 PM Central Standard Time on ABC (Channel Eight) we'll find out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've felt like crap for two days now, couldn't hardly drag myself to the monitor and keyboard, but I'm so glad I did because I laughed so hard at "Basking in the After-Suck," I think I just might live! Way to go Chuck!

October 08, 2006 2:04 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

azcg - it saddens me that you were feeling poorly, i am glad that you are doing better now.

October 08, 2006 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home