Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I’ve been waiting…

November 1st -- Another month has passed and still no word from Social Security, I was told that I would hear something within sixty days from my last appeal. That was 76 days ago. This month the shit’s gonna really hit the fan. I guess I’ll start packing, it won’t take long because my new home is gonna be a ‘92 Chevy Pickup and it won’t hold much. Maybe I can trade my PC for a Laptop and talk my sister into splurging for a wireless internet hookup. I’ll live in the woods and post things on my blog that I see in the wilderness like how squirrels mate or how that opossums really do have a bone in their pecker and how some people in the South like to cut them off and dry them out and make toothpicks out of them (you must really have something stuck in your teeth bad to be willing to pry it out with a petrified opossum pecker) that reminds me:

-- Do you know how you can tell that the “Toothbrush” was invented by a Redneck?--
-- Because if it was invented by anyone else it would be called a “Teethbrush”.--
Also:
-- Do you know why you can’t take a group photo of Rednecks?--
-- Because, every time you say “Cheese” they all get in a single file. --
(for you folks up North, that joke was in reference to Government Cheese)

You know, I just thought of something, maybe there is a connection in Government Cheese and the reason why so many Rednecks have Billy Bob teeth (you know the kind of teeth that look like Indian corn) I bet that the Dentistry Profession and the Government Cheese folks are in cahoots with one another! Gives ya something to think about now don’t it? Anyway, that’s enough Redneck humor for a while. I’m supposed to bitching about the Feds dilly-dallying around with my Disability check. I was told by one source that when they received their first check that there was no notice before the fact, they just checked their mail one day and it was there. So being naïve I thought that not hearing anything was a good sign and that maybe the first of the month I’d get paid. Well I just checked my bank account online and all I had in the bank was $1.97 (I gave SS the info to have my payments directly deposited and checks usually clear through my bank at 2:00 AM) so I guess the wait will continue, I wonder how long the Mortgage Co. will give me to move out of my house. Well at least I’ll get to live in the country, I’ve wanted to every since I moved to town anyway, all though I was hoping that it would be in a house, not in the back of my truck covered with a tarp.

(If I sound like I really don’t care too much, it’s the medication working. Peace everyone.)

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, let's agree in prayer that things are gonna pop real quick. Hoppin' and Poppin'!!

November 01, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

After a while you stop busting a gut and say what will be will be...Damn shame theyre jerking you around like that! Happy belated H'ween and I hope the check is in the (wireless)mail. Y'know, as a last resort, you could sic Babs on them or your local newspaper...

November 01, 2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey babs - i've always hated having to repeat or explain myself, my prayers are all sounding the same, maybe God will get tired of hearing the same old thing over and over and grant me my wish just to shut me up.

jersey - i'd sick my dog on someone if it would help, good to hear from you.

November 02, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The squeaky wheel gets oiled first, right? Get real quiet inside, try to let the frustration go and just talk to Him. Not prayer or formalities, talk to him.
An undisciplined child is an orphan. Those that have all and no problems are not the one God is concentrating on. Hard to believe but true. He wants you to completely rely on Him. Get still, go to Him and give it all to Him and Go God istead of Greyhound!
Kisses Hoss!

November 02, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Row and Sow and Mow and Hoe and said...

LMAO on the cheese and redneck jokes! hahahahaha! Oh that was funny. Glad to see that through all of this you still have your sense of humor :) Yabbay (my truly retarded dog) says hi to you and your gang, Chuck, and says for ya'll to hang in there with all your paws til they rule 100% favorable! (they will --it'll be here one day, buddy!) :)

And Babs where the HECK did ya hop off to anyhow!? I went looking for you last night but couldn't find you! I'll catch up.

November 02, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Whozfan said...

Chuck, its gonna come thru. You'll come thru this a better and stronger person, You'll see. Try to stay positive, You can do it.

November 02, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - that's usually how i pray, i just talk to him and if that doesn't work i break out the big guns and put my hands together and "I ask these things in Jesus' name, Amen"

oh yeah, and another thing, bring back the blog!

jt - good to hear from you, i wish i could sound as positive as you, and what do you expect from a dog that you name "Yabbay" of course he's gonna be reatarded (i bet that you don't love him any less)

whozfan - godd to see you out and about, i figure that i may not get what i want but i'll probably get what i need, even though i don't know it or realize it at the time, he does funny things like that sometimes. take care.

November 02, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

reatarded? my bad.

November 02, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Rough Boy, really love it!
Go here, it's for you!
http://wcrz.blogspot.com/

November 02, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Oh chuck this is baaaddd! I'm sorry to hear that they are messing around so much, I wish you well and I pray things will turn out o.k. very soon for you.
Hold your head up matey! You're in our thoughts.

November 05, 2006 5:09 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

I can't hear the song! What program do I need? I thought I pretty much got it all eg media player etc

November 05, 2006 5:10 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey hannelie - i don't know what you need to hear it, i have dial up and it's doesn't play for me worth a hoot, i figured if you had high speed that it would play ok.

November 06, 2006 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home