Friday, May 12, 2006

-----------------------(oklahoma sunrise)-----------------------

This is how I start my day

If I can sleep until 4:50 AM, I do so. Then I get up and pee, wash my face, and brush my teeth. When I finish with that I go straight back to my bedroom and set down at the computer. 5:00 AM, the alarm goes off and my daughter gets up and turns it off. She lets the dogs out and goes to the bathroom ( I assume she pees also) and starts getting ready for school. Usually she lets the dogs back in around 5:15 AM and then gets in the shower. I check my e-mails, delete the spam, check jokes and prayers (a lot of folks send me prayers reminding me that I should start trying to get into heaven) Then I open up the homepage, I read Andy Capp, Garfield and Ziggy (not digging the Ziggy lately, I need to change it) check my yahoo e-mail, delete most of that, then I look at the most e-mailed photos, maybe read about the 1,212 lbs dude from Mexico, check out the local news and the national (don’t spend a lot of time with that) By this time I’m yelling at the kid to get out of the shower. She comes out of the bathroom with 15 towels wrapped around her and continues to get ready for school and fixes my breakfast. 6:00 PM she brings me my breakfast along with something to drink (Diet Mt. Dew) 6:10 she’s out the door and on her way to the bus. I open up my favorites and go to blogs. First one I look at every morning, “a woman of mystery” to see if Di has lost anymore marbles and to check out some of her excellent photography. Then it's on to "living in the woods (addendum)” followed by just plain old, “living in the woods” (is that backwards?) to see if Montanus had to shoot any FBI Ninjas stalking the encampment during the night. If all is quiet there I precede to “Xmichra” to see what the song of the day is, Billy, Dennis, or Elvis. And to check on any new photos of her life in the great white north. If she has not called me a “Spaz” or needs to explain something to me I move on to “The New York Hack” that was the first blog I started reading, but she has been neglecting it some lately (ever since she got the book deal) see if she’s updated anything or not. And then it’s to the meat and potatoes, "BITCHIN' & STUFF" and see what Babs had started today, I spend a little time here checking out the comments and posts to see how the day is shaping up. Then finally I stop by a little "inspirational" blog and see if I feel moved enough to gripe or try and give a little thanks (this could go either way) and last, my own site, check out the comments and see what AZCG has to say, I always look forward to her stopping by (she needs to start her own blog, it would be a great one) Then I do it all again (somewhere in there I eat my breakfast) after 2 or 3 trips around I figure out if I want to write something, copy and paste, or just flat out plagiarize something. Every morning, same thing, same order. I am normally done about the same time everyday between 12:00 noon and 1:00 PM, then I try and get some sleep while waiting for the kid to get home from school. I have the music on all the time I’m on the computer. I listen to the theme from “Dances With Wolves” about 10 times along with “Metallica” and some type of Country thrown in. The rest of the time it’s just random picks from my library. Throw in taking some meds, petting the dogs, and peeing quite a bit and that’s pretty much my morning. My kid spent the night with her mom so I’m kind of thrown off right now, but what does it matter, I got nothing else to do. The weekends are a little different but close to the same. Having at least this to do every morning keeps me sane, (if you can believe that?) Have A Good Day And A Good Weekend.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.. hehe... Peacock I didn't actually call YOU a spaz.. hehe. But we talked about all that.. so never mind.

If I don't need to explain someting to you... hahaha.. that is so funny! I am terrible with instruction, so we need a mediator!

I have a made up song thing stumming in my head.. and it is all of your doing you know. I am hoping to get it out tonight, but we shall see I suppose.

May 12, 2006 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oklahoma sunise? Pronounced su-ni-se or sun-ise? You can pick on me next time!

AZCG

May 12, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was a good post. It explains alot for some reason. Your daughter is such a good girl.I wish I was there with you, I do!

May 12, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

AZCG - whatever are you talking about ? ... smart ass (pronounced - smart ass)

thanks. i was going to say it was and old cherokee word for "sun over water" or some crap like that, but i didn't think that you would buy it.

May 12, 2006 11:24 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - i would like for you to be here too. i would even put on pants.

May 12, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chuck, sweety, right this minute, right now, I wish I was there!!

May 15, 2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home