Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Mustard; Condiment Of The Devil…

I’ve said it before, “Once you’ve turned forty, never trust your farts.” It’s the Creed I live by now. I had a Polish Hot Dog yesterday for breakfast (I know) but my times are mixed up and I just eat whatever, whenever. Well not exactly whatever anymore. Back to the “Polish Dog of Death” French’s has that new upside down bottle with the booger free tip, crust free, whatever. I don’t think Quality Control spent too much time on it because with your first blast you get a glob the size of a vanilla wafer, it goes pretty well after that but you need a knife or something to spread the first glob around and I thought that was the reason for the squeeze bottle in the first place, no knife. To make a short story shorter, my first bite was nasty, way too much mustard for the amount of kielbasa. I hate it when the meat to condiment ratio is jacked up, also reminding me that mustard and I don’t see eye to eye anymore. Too much and it’s like a glass of Mexican water and a couple of spoons of “Turbo-lax” mixed with it. Just before I went to bed at around 1:00 AM this morning I felt a few things in my stomach shift around a bit followed by something that sounded like a cheetah purring. I thought that I would probably be getting up sometime soon and spending a little quality time on the throne.

3:42 in the AM I woke up and farted… bad idea. I hobbled out of bed as fast as I could trying to keep my butt cheeks squeezed together as much as possible, limped to the bathroom and I know I started unloading before my butt hit porcelain. Fortunately the Gods were with me and my aim was true. Now I won’t lie to you, it felt pretty Damn good at first but then it turned ugly real fast. I started cramping so bad I was reaching for the “Midol”. My Lord it was uncomfortable, I won’t go into detail but I was splashing so much I knew I was going to have to wipe with a towel. When it was all said and done I just sat there and waited, because that was the third thing I learned upon reaching forty, just because you start to wipe does not mean that you are finished, (the second thing I learned was that just because you feel like you need to go, does not mean that you will go) and sure enough there was another wave of Hell before I was finished. I was through and back in bed all of three minutes before I had to get up and do it all again.

I have compiled a short list of foods and items that I would be better off avoiding either because of the flatulence probability or the full blown “Green Apple Shuffle” as my brother likes to call it.

1. MUSTARD
2. TUNA FISH
3. PORK N’ BEANS
4. WINE COOLERS
5. COORS BEER
6. TACO MAYO
7. THE DEVIL SPICE KNOW AS GINGER
(NEVER, EVER, EVER… GINGER)
8. HARD BOILED EGGS
9. MANGO CHUTNEY
10. SUSHI
( IT DOESN’T BOTHER ME, I JUST DON’T LIKE IT)
11. LIVER AND ONIONS
12. WISE PUFFED CHEESE DOODLES
13. GRAPE BUBBLE-YUM BUBBLE GUM
14. SAUERKRAUT
15. OLIVES
(ANY AMOUNT OVER 3)

Now I’m sure as I get older this list will grow, for your safety I will try and keep you up to date. Good day.

18 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

i have to post stuff like this to get my "hits" up. i can write about love and life and get 20 hits a day. mention the shits, or vibraters, or even violating a monkey and the hits double. i can't help it if you people are sick. a shitty diaper... thanks a lot ! now get back there and post something new, i'm tired of starting my day by looking at a spilled glass of marbles.

i do love that picture though.

May 10, 2006 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck, logging on to your blog is like walking through a mine field. You never know when you'll step on something that will finish you off. You're kind of like the Granda Moses of blogging, from the sublime to the shocking, and all points in between. But, you know something I've noticed? You have some of the nicest women who log on and participate in your blog. You're doing something right.

May 10, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Montanus - there's been s few decent men also.

These women have showed me there can be two side of a person (or more)

I can write from my heart, from my mind, or even from my ass. all that matters is being true and honest. (and a little full of it as long as everyone is clear when that is)

You are the one who told me you can make some pretty good friends doing this blog thing.

May 10, 2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chuck you sick bastard, Ilove it. I was laughing out loud reading this. I know all about that after 40 Green Apple Quick Step Dance of the Idiot. You can never trust a fart. Eventually you realize you shouldn't eat those foods, not to say you don't but...
Since Cinco de Mayo, I've been doing a mexican hat dance myself. Of course we had leftovers, I didn't put it all out so in order to do my part in the do not waste food category, I've eaten mexican for days.Wow! That's all could say was ,"Wow."

May 10, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

i'm glad you laughed, looked like your blog was getting pretty serious this morning, sometimes i hate to joke, scared it's the wrong time but i like to throw it in there before someone gets their feelings hurt and starts to cry (that's me usually) i did like what you had to say.

May 10, 2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Whozfan said...

Chuck, I tell ya, People write the darndest things. That was pretty funny. Been there and done that. Immodium AD or the generic thereof is very handy to have in the house. Here's wishing you good solid movements in the days to come.

May 10, 2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Whozfan - "Here's wishing you good solid movements in the days to come."

Thats a nice thing to say to folks. I'm starting to get teary. Thanks.

May 10, 2006 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man alive.. i SO know what you mean!! For me I can't eat prime rib anymore either.. it is too fatty or something, but it goes right through me.

Ah, an dwings. But i will still eat them until my colon gives =P

Montanus is so sweet!!! It must be the beard.

May 10, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

BTW, you used to be "whosefan" didn't you. I thought there might be an imposter for a minute.

May 10, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Xmichra - yes, montanus is a good man. (you know i could not say he was sweet) i think he worries enough about me without saying that.

May 10, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

juliabohemian - how cool of you to drop by, i've seen you at di's before. i've been to your site but i don't rememeber if i left a comment or not. funny how you would come by today, i only talk about bowel movements and farts about once or twice a month, you got lucky.

May 10, 2006 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

talking abou tthese things would be in vain.. hehehe... that is some funny stuff!

May 10, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chuck,juliabohemian is right the list is too numerous.
I don't eat cukes cause...
I love onion and garlic but it does...
Wings make me fart fire, so...
I could go on and on but if I was out, I'd eat it all in one sitting and go home alone. You know it's bad when the cats ears go back...

May 10, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hot and spicey doesn't bother my gas attacks so much, jalepenos, cayenne pepper, and crushed red pepper, seems to settle my stomach, it's the onion and garlic and tomato based stuff with it that kills me. now i want some wings, i gotta go call pizza hut.

May 10, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thanks, now i want some chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts and walnuts.

May 11, 2006 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oye lmaolmao. I thought this post had me doubled over til I came to the comments. Look now... you wouldn't want to make me laugh like this if you were sitting beside me right now. Last night I ate refried beans with green yunions and sharp cheddar on top, and I'm talking a shit wad of 'em. And then, as the air was turning brown around me this morning and I'm thinking WTF, I vaguely remembered that huge-ass bowl of raisin bran I had in the middle of the night, too (must be the Ambien). One of these urges is gonna send me flying to the john.

rut ro...gotta go :) now!

May 11, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

wys - you're a girl after my own fart.

May 11, 2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

and i'll start spellin' your name right.

May 11, 2006 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home