Wednesday, April 05, 2006


New York Hack

I started reading a new blog I ran across, a thirty year old female cab driver from NYC (hence the blog name) the first thing I noticed were the pictures, then all of the comments people were making about her posts, so I checked out her profile and she had like 55,000 profile views (mine has like 45) I'm thinking"What the Hell?" her profile was short and as follows: M.P., female, yellow cab driver, NYC, New York. I thought, why do so many people read and comment on her blog? I can't even get my friends to read mine. So I started reading www.newyorkhack.blogspot.com , I read a couple of recent posts, got hooked, went to her archives and started reading all of her posts from the begining (Aug. 2006), at first they only had a few comments and some posts didn't have any, I thought cool, there is still a chance for me, and then as I got into reading more and more, she started getting more and more comments, a real regular fan base. I keep reading. She drives the night shift most of the time (12 hour shifts) and writes about her shift, who she had in her cab, who tips, who don't, who gives her the finger or tries to run over her, and she takes great pictures of people and other things that she writes about (the sky line, traffic, ass-holes from Jersey, and so on). She is well articulated, smart, witty, and writes really well. She has a talent for telling a story and she curses just enough to make you picture a small 5 foot four inch, 120 pound Joe Peci type New Yorker (Only cuter and Jewish) She makes me feel like a Hick. Anyway, I was hooked and as I read on I found out that the Associated Press did an interview with her. After that even more people were reading her blog and she was even recognized by a few of her "Cabbers" (that's New York talk for a person who rides in a Cab) I checked her blog Tuesday morning and nothing new, I checked it today and she announced that she had just gotten a book deal (she already had over 150 comments) She went from driving a cab, to blogging and now an author of a book in less than a year and a half, I'm jealous. She says she will keep driving and keep blogging so check out her blog it's a pretty interesting read. And to quote M.P. "If you fart in a cab, tip extra." Good day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I found you blog through the "New York Hack" blog. I must admit your blog is just as entertaining if not more so. I guess I'll be visiting again!

April 20, 2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thank you very much, i'm kind of new at this and I appreciate the comment, take care.

April 20, 2006 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home