Monday, September 11, 2006

Firefighter Robert Cordice
Age 28, NYC, NY
Engine 152
(Working in Squad 1)

'He Craved the Action'
When Firefighter Robert Cordice disappeared on Sept. 11, 2001, so did the dreams of dozens of bachelorettes.
Firefighter Cordice, 28, was a handsome, hulking man, a lover of good drink, beautiful women and fast motorcycles. He was to be a pinup boy, making the cut for the 2002 Fire Department Hunks calendar.
"The picture is of him downtown on the Wall Street bull with his shirt off, wearing his bunker pants and suspenders and boots," said his longtime friend John Deliso. Like so many other firefighters, he wanted to be in the thick of the smoke. He was stationed at Engine Company 152 in Staten Island, and decided that he wanted to work somewhere more busy and daring. He transferred to the elite Squad 1 unit in Brooklyn. He had been there only two weeks.
He was also a New York City police officer for three years before joining the Fire Department, stationed at the 13th Precinct in Manhattan.
"No matter what he was doing, he craved the action," Mr. Deliso said.

Profile published in THE NEW YORK TIMES on December 17, 2001.

NOW FOR MY POINT: I ran across a link to a tribute site at Jerseytjej's blog, about bloggers remembering those who parished on 9/11/01. You can go to this link and get a Tribute Memorial to post on your side bar like the one I have on the right of my page down towards the middle. I then did a search on the name given me and found out more about Robert Cordice. 2996 women, children, and men passed away on that day and I was the 1108th blogger to sign up to honor one of these people, so there are plenty left. Just click on the Memorial on my sidebar, go to the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the button "Sign Up Now", and follow the instructions, it's a neat, free, and worthwhile thing to do, so join me and tell others about it also. The goal was to have all 2996 persons honored this way by 9/11/06. So thank you and have a good day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Chuck, you rock!
You are the only dude that I kknow that is cool enough to join the 2996 group! I hope they make the goal...I have surfed more blogs than there have been people who have signed up for the tribute...its a darn shame!

August 14, 2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

You need to repost this ON 9/11, OK? That way all 2996 post at the same time (or same day) on the anniversary =) I have my post drafted and waitin'... I think it's been ready for a month or so now.

August 16, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

it was a little late in the day before i reposted it, of all days i was away from home for a while, i hope late is better than not at all. peace to all and thanks for everything.

September 11, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

My DSL died and we have no direct link till 19 September! Thank Goodness you and everyone else pulled through! We just got dial up yesterday!!!???

September 13, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

way too bad, dial up really sucks when you're used to DSL, waiting until 9/19 wont be too bad. take care.

September 13, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Gales said...

Excellent tribute. I'm proud to be a 2996 blogger. I am honoring Nancy Carole Farley and Jeffrey J. Shaw. Please stop by.

September 13, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

rmgales - proud to have you stop by, i'm on my way to check out yours, thanks for taking part and stopping by.

September 14, 2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home