Monday, May 08, 2006

Three things to give some thought to…

1- Zero Gravity:

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 degrees Celsius.
The Russians used a pencil.
When your taxes are due again -- enjoy paying them.

2 - Our Constitution:

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.

3 - Ten Commandments:




The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Court House is that you cannot post, "Thou Shalt Not Steal", Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery", and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of Judges, Lawyers, and Politicians! It creates a hostile work environment.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha!!!! Those are great! I am fond of the very first one... just because simplicity gets the better of most inventors and researchers.

May 08, 2006 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out, Chuck. You said "10 commandments" on line. Even now, the American Civil Liberties Union, the BATF and the FBI Ninjas are surrounding your home. From the same people who brought you Ruby Ridge, we present "Chucks Place". Lon Horiuchi has his scope sighted in on your front door as we speak!

May 08, 2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

He just may get a surprise, with Emily reloading for me, they'll remember I was here. And when it comes to the bitter end... BAYONETS !!

May 08, 2006 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paragraph 1 is good...

I'm thinking "Sharpie" or a wax concoction like crayons, or a toner filled writing implement...

Pencil never came to me!

AZCG

May 09, 2006 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on the "Thou Shalt Nots!"

I worked for a law firm for 15 years and I know from experience the following:

1. "Thou Shalt Not Steal" -- They skirt around this one by the use of creative billing e.g., "attempt TCW (telephone conversation with) client." {You get billed for a telephone call that never happened!}

2. "Thou Shalt Not Lie" -- How man times have I heard an attorney say "Call me any time you have a question!" Then try to call him, he will always be out of the office or in a meeting. (When in truth he's sitting at his desk telling his secretary he doesn't want to talk to that ass hole).

3. "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" -- Unless its behind your back and no one is watching! You go to a high price restaurant and you think: "Look at all the nice Daddies taking their beautiful, young, and blond Daughters out to lunch." When in reality they are all attorneys on a long nooner (I mean business lunch)!

AZCG

May 09, 2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

AZCG - you sound wise for your years. I hope that ISP problem is solved, I like havin' you around.

May 09, 2006 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning!

My ISP is working momentarily. Sorry for the typos in my entires -- I dare not take too much time to proofread my entries for fear I'll loose service. This is the first morning my ISP has worked in three weeks. I have to stay up until the wee hours to read your entires and attempt to make comments. Most of my comments just blip and disappear while I'm typing them!

AZCG

May 09, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

i colud do a psot on my tpoys and misspeeled wrdos a lone.

May 09, 2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home