Sunday, March 12, 2006


James Blunt

Last weekend on Mad TV one of the ladies did a skit on James Blunt, I thought who's James Blunt? The Song "You're Beautiful" sounded a little familiar and my Daughter said she had heard it and liked it but with the lady singing it, who knew. But it was a catchy song. Then on Monday I see James Blunt on an Amazon advertisement on my Yahoo homepage, I pointed it it out to my kid and said that makes twice (because If I see something that is new to me more than once, it is always seems to be at least three times) So Friday on Oprah (yeah I watch Oprah once in a while) Low and behold, James Blunt playing the piano and singing. After his first song, "You're Beautiful" he talks for a moment, seems kind of shy, quiet, and English, but there is something about him. He says his last job was a Guard for the Queen on Horse back (he weighs about 140 and does not look much like he could be a Guard at the Mall) anyway he said he had another "miserable" song to sing, "Goodbye My Lover" I thought he was going to cry while he sang it, I Damn near did. I think anybody who can play the piano is pretty talented and when they can sing too, and he plays the guitar. I should have heard of him before now but I am usually behind the times. So I look him up on the Internet, download a few songs and Bobs your Uncle. Pretty good stuff, I've liked all of his stuff so far and I think that says something coming from a guy who listens to Metallica and AC/DC most of the time, so James Blunt "Back to Bedlam" check him out. Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home