Thursday, March 09, 2006

Pure 100% Black Angus Beef

What is up with this craze about Black Angus beef ? The best steaks I can ever remember having were way before this "Genuine Black Angus" crap. Does the color of the hair have anything to do with the taste ? What about Red Angus ? Isn't this just Bovine discrimination. What is this doing to the price of other types of beef raised in Oklahoma, like Hereford, Black Baldy, Charolais, Limousin, Santa Gertrudis, Corrente, or even Longhorn. Should I be eating only Rohde Island Red fried chicken ? Mmm... Mmm... Mmm... you just can't beat the taste of Duroc bacon and pork chops. I for one, when in a grocery store or meat market if given the choice of "Genuine Black Angus" beef of any other type will choose the any other type, not because Black Angus tastes any different it's just because I refuse to jump on any band wagon and discriminate against any food just because of the color of it's hair. Besides I think we should all be eating more Opossum and Coon anyway. And before anyone takes this too serious or gets offended, remember we were all raised on McDonalds Burgers and I'm not sure there was any beef in them anyway, or meat for that matter. If your pallet is that sensitive just throw some A-1 or some Ketchup on it and you'll be fine. P.S. Yes I know I have way too much time on my hands. Good day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well ya do have a point. One thing I hope to never eat again, is Rooster. I had to cook 'em and serve 'em to 985 women, call it chicken and not say a word, yuk! Then in Warren County jail they served road kill to offset the budget. Killed ever ounce of love for venison I ever had!

April 19, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

handling that much cock and being around that many women...

April 19, 2006 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! Don't eat Rhode Island Reds! My pet hen was a Rhode Island Red!
Raised her from a chick -- fed her canned peaches (her favorite). Her name was Manuelita, if you asked her for a kiss she would put her beak in your mouth, close her eyes, and tip her head from side to side! She would come when you called her name! She would sit on your lap for hours! She was chicken napped by a fly by night neighbor -- I guess they never saw such a friendly chicken! I still miss her!

A country girl from AZ.

April 20, 2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

great story, when I was a kid we had chickens, i don' tknow why, we never ate them ane they didn't lay eggs. i always liked seeing a few run around the yard. thanks for stopping by AZ.

April 20, 2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home