Friday, March 10, 2006

Oklahoma Recruits

Since the recruiting season, October 2005, over 1000 young men and women from Oklahoma have joined the US Army and over 350 have joined the US Army Reserves, not to mention the Marines, Air Force, Navy, or the Coast Guard. I'm sure that other states have outstanding numbers also. Once again the men and women of America have pulled up their pants, stood up and been accountable. Maybe some of the more mature Americans can take a lesson from them and at least back them and America up and stop these childish and selfish demonstrations agaisnt the War in Iraq. It has been said thousands of times that no one wants war but Freedom is not always pretty, and don't you think it would cheapen ours to just stand by and watch someone elses stepped on.
I believe that demonstrators especially those parents of fallen soldiers do cheapen our Freedom and the sacrifices their loved ones have made not only for their Country but for the World. I know that nothing I can say will change anyones mind, let alone heart but these young Americans have changed my mind, I use to really think that this generation was soft and if anything did occur they would not have the grit to stand up and fight and endure like so many generations have done before them. Yes my mind has changed, these young Americans are among the finest we've ever known and we owe them more than we can ever repay. We can at least start by not stepping on what they have done and are still doing. My apologies to all. I am also extremely greatful that Governor Henry signed the Bill and expedited the procedures in getting the Law into affect about demonstrating at Soldier's Funerals. How can anyone call themselves a Christian and act in that manner is beyond me. Well that's a topic for another time. Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home