Saturday, March 11, 2006

Just a few of my favorite movie quotes...
(In No Particular Order)

1. Barbarosa-- "Go ahead and kill em if ya want Earl, we got time"
2. Toy Story-- "You...Are... A... Toy !!" (reply) "Not today I'm not"
3. Forrest Gump-- "Greenbough Ala-BAMA !!"
4. Treasure of the Sierra Madre-- "What Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."
5. Smokey and the Bandit II-- "The Lady gonna have a baby"
6. Last of the Mohicans-- " What are you looking at Sir? (reply) I'm looking at you Miss."
7. Jaws-- "We're gonna need a bigger boat"
8. Monte Walsh-- "Why that's Monte Walsh"
9. Lonesome Dove-- " I may want to kick a pig ever once in a while"
10. Ride with the Devil-- "Well Dutchy, that's neither here nor somewheres else"
11. Apollo 13th-- "Gentlemen, I'd like to think this will be our finest hour"
12. Braveheart-- "I love ya, I want ta marry ya, I always have"
13. Glory-- "Give em Hell Fifty Fourth"
14. Glory-- "You go on now, I'll be along directly"
15. Lonesome Dove-- "Josh Deets, served with me 30 years, fought in 21 engagements against the Kiowa and Comanche, never shirked a task, cheerful in all weathers, splendid behavior"
16. Lonesome Dove-- "Yes, he died fine"
17. Ride with the Devil-- "Do not think you are a good man Dutchy, the thought will spoil you"
18. Wyatt Earp-- "You Sir, can kiss my Rebel Dick"
19. Son's of Katy Elder-- "Hey !!" (and as he turns, John Wayne hits George Kennedy in the face with a fence post)
20. Dances with Wolves-- "Dances with Wolves, you are my friend, can't you see you will always be my friend, Dances with Wolves..."
21. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid-- "You can't swim, Hell the fall will kill ya"
22. Rocky II-- "Nobody would do this for charity" (reply) "Bob Hope would"
23. Beetlejuice-- "Mm... birdies"
24. The Princess Bride-- "Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"
25. True Grit-- "Why you never met a more clumsy child than Horace, I bet he broke forty cup"
26. True Grit-- "I rode straight into em, reins in my teeth firing two navy sixes... well I'll tell ya, that posse must have loved their families cause they turned their horses and headed for home"
27. The Cowboys-- "I'm 30 years older than you, had my back broke once and my hip twice and on my worst day I could beat the livin Hell outa you"
28. Kingpin-- "I think I tore my sac"
29. Friday-- "Damn ! You just got knocked the F**K out"
30. Lonesome Dove-- "No Sir, but I'll Damn sure cripple ya though, I'm the one only man you don't boss Woodrow"
31. Lonesome Dove-- "Lori Darlin"
32. Lonesome Dove-- "I swear if you don't beat all for takin the starch out of a man"
33. Lonesome Dove-- "It's not much of a crime, whakin a surly bar tender"
34. Lonesome Dove-- "If he does, the first thing I'd do is cut yore wages fer joshin me all the time"
35. Lonesome Dove-- "Hell I’ve been bit by bed bugs bigger than that down in Saltio"
36. Wolverines-- "It's hard being bothers"
37. Forrest Gump-- "It must be hard being brothers"
38. Kalifornia-- "Hell Earlene, put yore tit up"
39. Eldorado-- "Did you just fall off your horse" ? (reply) "Yah !"
40. The Hank Williams Story-- "I don't want to live with a man that shoots at me" (reply) I don't want to live with a woman I have to shoot at"

And then my sister reminded me of a few more…
41. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou ?-- “They done loved him up and turned him into a Tuh-oad.”
42. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou ?-- “We thought you was a Tuh-oad.”
43. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou ?-- “Sweet Summa Rain.”

And the original 3 that got me started…
44. True Grit -- (John Wayne) “Ned, I aim to kill you in one minute, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parkers convenience, which will it be ?” (Robert Duvall) “That’s bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.” (John Wayne) “Fill yore hand you Son-of-a-Bitch!”
45. The Blues Brothers-- “We’re on a mission from God.”
46. The Blues Brothers-- “Give me four fried chickens and a coke.”

And a few more…
47. Better Off Dead --”I want my two dollars!!”
48. Better Off Dead -- “He put his testicles all over me!”
49. MIB -- “Yah, but I make this look Good.”
50. Fort Apache -- “No Sir, I’ve not wound up here, Not by a long shot!”

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I swear ya snuck this post in on me. I love every single movie.
Young Guns- YooHoo, I'll make ya famous
" " - Why ya kill him Billy? He was hackin' on me! I loved both Young Guns
What movie was it? A black cowboy or sheriff, it's been so long but when asked why he shot him in the back he said,"Well...his back was to me." I could go on and on but loved every one you listed.

April 19, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

El Diablo, that was a funny movie.

April 19, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wasn't Robert Duvall in it?

April 22, 2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

i'll have to get back to you on that.

April 22, 2006 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home