Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Commander-in-Chief

I am not necessarily a big fan of our President George W. Bush. On the other hand, I am not against him either. I am not very particular when it comes to politics. For the most part I am ignorant of most things related to the running of our Government. Other than the price of oil, most things don’t seem to trickle down this far. I have never made over $30,000 per year and I could never tell a change in the way I’ve lived by who was in the White House. I liked Ronald Reagan because he was a good speaker, probably the actor in him. I remember people making jokes about his acting career. I saw a few of his movies, “Kings Row”, “Knute Rockne All American”, you know, “win just one for the Gipper”, and “Santa Fe Trail” with Errol Flynn. All pretty good movies I thought. People made jokes because they were just “B” movies. John Wayne made “B” movies. Jimmy Carter turned out pretty well, The Nobel Peace Prize, that looks pretty good on a resume. Come to think of it, I kind of liked old George Bush too, “A Thousand points of Light”. Dana Carvey said doing an impression of George Bush was easy, you just did Mr. Rogers and then added a little John Wayne. I am getting way off track. No matter who is the President, he is our President, and it is my belief we should back him as much as possible. Whether you voted for him or not, he was elected by a majority of the people, I believe we kind of agreed to do things that way. Isn’t that the reason we register to vote. Anyway, for four years or eight depending, we should make the best of it. Be a part of the solution instead of being a part of the problem. People have been protesting since the beginning of anything organized, especially our Government. It’s awful funny that it is our Government that gives them the right to do so. How many Presidents have quit or changed their policies or their actions because of a few people with more money and time than sense, whine and wave a sign ? Yeah, I was wondering how that was working out for them, the protesters I mean. If a majority did elect Bush how does his approval rating ever drop below 50 % ? Does that mean the people have changed their minds and are not standing behind their decision. One of the worst things a leader can do is change directions in mid stream. Like he said “It’s Not Easy”. You have got to stay the course and stand your ground. Senator Kerry and his followers kept making an issue of George W. not serving his Country… our Country. Well he’s serving the Hell out of it now ! He’s the Commander-In- Chief, and doing it to the best of his ability. I think that ranks a little higher than Lieutenant Mr. Kerry. Being an American and being free gives us the right to have and make choices. Make the best choice you can by being the best American you can be. Stand behind what we and so many others have created, stand behind America, stand behind our troops, and stand behind our leader. Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home