Monday, November 26, 2007

Larry Ray Shoemake


November the 22nd, Thanksgiving Day was also my brother's Birthday. He would have been 53, 10 years older than me. Thanksgiving fell on the day he was born so we always celebrated his Birthday on Thanksgiving. We always had Blackberry Cobler because that was his favorite. We celebrated Thanksgiving at my sister's house this year, I guess that is our new tradition. I said Grace before our meal and I could hardly get it out, I thanked the Lord for thais day, I thanked him for the food, our family, and friends and I thanked him for blessing Larry and taking care of him now and that's all I could get out. My sister said Amen and we enjoyed a good meal along with some Blackberry Cobler. Later my sister wanted to know how come she made it through that day ok but couldn't hardly breath Friday without crying. I said it was because she is gay. I must becoming down with a touch of gayness myself because I'm having trouble breathing today. Larry Ray loved Appaloosa horses and I loved him.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our entire family gathered together, all three of us. K decided at the last minute that he wanted to spend the day with his sister, so I, my sister, and my brother-in-law had dinner together. We talked, laughed, and enjoyed our day together. The day was beautiful, sunny, and warm, we had coffee on the patio after dinner and my sister was terrified of the crickets, I assured her that even if one attacked her and knocked her off her feet we wouldn’t let it drag her away. I’m glad you had family around you to share your sorrow and your joy; it makes burdens easier when you spread them over many shoulders. Hugs!

November 26, 2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

With each day you'll learn to breathe a little deeper:-). Glad your Thanksgiving was filled with rememberence of the good times.((hugz))

November 26, 2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

az & kaliblue - it was a good day.

November 27, 2007 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home