Tuesday, August 01, 2006



Well I'm An Idiot, But I don't Mind This Time.

It seems that I jumped the gun a bit. My friend's Mother made it through the night and is still with us today. After they took her off of the ventilator she started doing a little better on her own. She is a good Christian woman and turns out that she is a fighter, I should have known. She is still in pretty grim shape. They started her back on her meds today and this morning started her back on the respirator to give her some strength and to keep the fluid down on her lungs. Her family is around her and praying with her constantly. My friend said you can really feel the faith in the room and it's nothing short of miracle that she is still here. I thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts, I'm sorry that I misinformed everyone, I was not all together with it last night, I'll keep praying.

This is just one of the good memories that I have of her. Her name is Marilyn and she is 67 years old. Some times when my friend and I would go on a hunting trip she would send some type of special treat with us, a few years ago it was home made Plum Jelly made from plums that she had picked in their back yard from the house where my friend grew up. That jelly could turn a biscuit into something from out of this world. I can hardly even look at jelly without thinking of her. I told my friend today that she was as good as they came, and we sure tested her while growing up, he agreed and said if there was any evil in her we would have known it many times over, She is a good part of my past, it would be great if she could stick around. God bless her.

14 Comments:

Blogger mystified said...

enjoy the memories and thank the "Big Fullah" for letting you have her in your life.

August 01, 2006 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes the want for a loved one to stay here with us.. well, it's a hard thing to deal when they leave. I feel for you Chuck, really I do. Hugs and support. oh, and a picture.. tomorrow i am thinking.

August 01, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

This is good news!!! I will pray with you also.

August 02, 2006 6:12 AM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

Hey Chuck
I sure hope she stays around long enought to make you some jam for your next hunt (an dont be telling me there wont be another hunt - there is always one left inside us somewhere...).
I cant take you up on your TAG at the moment...I am without internet connection at home at the mo and am leaving to Tour Europe for 3 weeks with my wife on a motorcycle, so If Im scarce thats why.... see ya when i get back, and may put up a post of the adventure.... Keep well till then.

August 02, 2006 6:16 AM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

That is good news.... Maybe she'll stick around a bit longer for everyone to realize how much she means to them. =)

August 02, 2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Row and Sow and Mow and Hoe and said...

That's great news that she is doing OK and even better! Thank goodness for that. It's good to remember great things about her, like plum jelly bisquits she fixed for you guys that can still take you back to the woods today :) That's some good eating in a good place!

August 02, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would only hope that people had kind words as that, when it's my time. We'll pray that God's will is done and all are comforted if he chooses to take her. Hang in there buddy!

August 03, 2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Chuck, you are a man amongst men. I truly respect you turning your space over to that wonderful woman and I am so glad that she is showing signs of wanting to stay with us. My fee for the prayers is a jar of that plum jam and a bunch of biscuits to spread it on!
*waving at Babs!*

August 03, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jerseytjej and Chuck, Howdy ya'll!

August 03, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thanks to you all, it's thursday and she's still hangin' on.

You meet good people online, i wish you all were close by so we could share a drink or a meal together some time, you all could drink from my bottle or eat from my plate anyday.

i wish you all good luck and good days always.

August 03, 2006 7:13 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

She sure does sound like a very special woman.
How is she doing now?

August 04, 2006 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, ain't you dieting?? I will eat off of babs plate.... heheh!! ;)

August 04, 2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank God! It is saturday...Chuck, please let me and us know how she is!!??

August 05, 2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey people - i've not been on in a few days, it's tuesday morning and my friend marilyn is still hanging in there, keep praying.

August 08, 2006 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home