Monday, June 12, 2006

AN IMAGE OF THE CHINESE SYMBOL FOR "LAUGHTER" WOULD BE INSERTED HERE, BUT ONCE AGAIN BLOGGER WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT ! (it's a shame too, because it was mighty pleasing to the eye)

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer were being hit by cars and he didn't want them to cross there anymore."

This one was from Kingman, KS.
---------------------------------------

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

And he was a Kansas City cook!
-------------------------------------

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know? He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

Happened in Birmingham, Ala.
--------------------------------------

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS
---------------------------------------------------

IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "down sizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was at Texas Instruments.
------------------------------------------------

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

Deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office no less.
----------------------------------------------------------------

IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi! They walk among us . and reproduce.
------------------

Doesn't it seem that more and more physicians are running their practices like an assembly line? Here's what happened to Buford:
Buford walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Buford said, Shingles. So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat. Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Buford what he had. Buford said, Shingles. So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Buford to wait in the examining room. A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Buford what he had. Buford said, Shingles. So the nurse gave Buford blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Buford to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.An hour later the doctor came in and asked Buford what he had. Buford said, Shingles. The doctor asked, Where? Buford said, Outside on the truck. Where do you want them?
--------------------------------------------

Roses Buds & Hanging Baskets:
A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with a see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just pitched a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that! The teenager tells her "Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!" And out she goes.
The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate... The grandmother says, "Loosen up Sweetie, if you can show off your rose buds, then I can display my hanging baskets."

Have A Good Day.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe.. i really like the texas instrument one. I could see myself saying something that tactless.

June 12, 2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

i liked the deer crossing one myself, i thought the stoplight one sounded like a blond joke.

June 12, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger mystified said...

that was a good cheer me up post :-)

June 12, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, that's just so wrong, so very wrong!! My hanging baskets are getting chaffed!!

June 12, 2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Babs! If you have hanging baskets -- I have the hanging gardens! No chaffing here, but I keep stepping on my nipples!

AZCG

June 13, 2006 4:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AZCG, it hurts like hell, doesn't it?

June 13, 2006 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good jokes. some of them probably really happened.

June 13, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

Thanks For the laughs Chuck. Good to hear some funny stuff comming from your corner :-)
I am gonna check back in your archives to see if you have any funny hunting stories.....

June 14, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

Thanks For the laughs Chuck. Good to hear some funny stuff comming from your corner :-)
I am gonna check back in your archives to see if you have any funny hunting stories.....

June 14, 2006 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mornin' Chuck,

I got no words of wisdom -- I think about you every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have faith.

AZCG

June 14, 2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe- the deer crossing had to be my favorite, too. It reminded me of a dumb blonde joke, too!

I'm making some quick rounds this morning after having been MIA a while. Twas good to read this and laugh.

Speaking of deer, have you ever seen that video that was going around -- the one of the idiot(s) who were trying to film their dumbasses shooting a buck (and they missed three times?) They had to be blonde LMAO.

June 16, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

madame de sade - any friend of babs is highly welcome, i'm usually more involved but i've been slacking lately, i'll be back at it shortly, thanks for stopping by.

June 16, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey wys - glad your coming around a bit, i hope things are better your way. talk to you later.

June 16, 2006 9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chuck, baby,I'm missing you terribly. I can't stand it. I hope you are well trulY I do!I'm half drunk w/ the hiccups and it is hard to type belive it or not!! I miss you so bad snookums!!

June 16, 2006 11:22 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

hey babs - i miss you too, xoxo

June 18, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chuck, you own my heart!

June 21, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Crazy - some people. This was a fun reads- thanks for the smiles.

June 23, 2006 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home