Saturday, June 10, 2006



Now Somebody Please, Fix Me A Turkey Pot Pie...

Every time I tried to post something this week, Blogger decided to take a crap. Mostly it would not let me upload images or would not let me space my script the way I wanted to. I’ve gotten to where I can’t hardly stand to post something without a picture (esthetic quality is important to me) so I would continue to try. Sometimes I would have to save three posts and then put them together to publish one. I would be motivated to write and then it would not work and I would just wait until later, come back and it still wouldn’t work. I’m sure you know if you use Blogger it’s frustrating as Hell. Everyone says, “But what do you expect for free ?” The same as I would Give for free, 100 %. If something is worth doing then someone (Blogger Dudes) need to put out Max-effort to see that their product is the best that it can be for free or not. It shouldn‘t take two hours to do something that normally only takes twenty minutes. And when you’re wasting my time it’s not free anymore. I couldn’t even leave comments on other people’s blogs, I would wait five minutes for it to load and then 80 % it would just say, “Page Cannot Be Displayed” I hope people did not think that I was ignoring them, I really missed not commenting back and forth. The big kicker was if it did let me leave a comment and I left a lengthy one it would disappear when I tried to publish it. So when I could I just left short ones.
I don’t know anything about web design or servers, I couldn’t even begin to go independent like some ( Xmichra, Tnchick, and others ) who, by the way worked well all week long, Xmichra left for vacation last week and I’ve been posting some things on her site and have had no problems at all (go check it out if you have the time) Anyway, I really like my site and when it’s working correctly it’s great. I would even pay for it, but then it would really have to work or I'd spaz out for sure. I would hate to lose it (one time this week it disappeared for a couple of hours and I was in a huge panic, all that came up was a black screen that said “Done” at the bottom) I’m not thinking of going anywhere but it would be nice to have a little more faith in it. So please keep stopping by, check out my archives, my friend’s sites, and other links, and happy blogging to all and Have a Good Day.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel ya! I hate to post w/o pics, too. If you look at other blogs that don't use pics, does it grab your eye? NO! But you're right it does generate advertising or it wouldn't be worth it for them so it does make me insane when things aren't working right. Chuck, you're officially a BLOGAHOLIC!!Hi, my names Barb and I'm a blogoholic, too!!

June 10, 2006 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To blog or not to blog this is the question? Hey Chuck, you're not makin' blogging sound like fun! I'm not good with frustration, I don't do well under extreme pressure, I'm always afraid I'll never come up with an interesting post!

AZCG

June 11, 2006 1:14 AM  
Blogger cristina said...

Blogger has been driving me craaaazy this past week! relate to ALL the probs you indicated in your post. I tried to post the pictures of the cupcakes and i only succeeded ELEVEN HOURS later! now i need to book an hour at the therapist!
i am not good at webdesign so i could never go and create my own site.... so i am a slave to Blogger! ;) have a good weekend!

June 11, 2006 1:43 AM  
Blogger mystified said...

yep, blogger has been real tragic lately. very frustrating.

June 11, 2006 2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Turkey pot pie is ready honey and I got you a beer right there on your t.v. tray beside the remote. It's gonna be ok. I made you a butter bread sandwich too to go with your pot pie, alright snookums?

June 11, 2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger whatalotoffun said...

so thats why you were so quite. Thought you dont visit my sites anymore.

June 12, 2006 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger has been down more than up for a week now. I'm having the same problems you are.

June 12, 2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was why i switched to begin with. i went from my little live journal (which was indeed little) to my blogger space, to a free Word Press space (well, free to me since Ben just gave me a sub domain) and finally my own domain. I love my blog. I will not treat it like a five dollar whore. i will treat it to the fancy that is Word Press and the alter that is a hosting package.

hehe. But i am neurotic that way :)

If you decided to go for the gusto, TN is really good at working things out. And I most likely could help you too.. now that TN has showed me stuff :)

June 12, 2006 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five dollar whores?

I love you, no shit!
You take me stateside!
You buy me color tv!

We go big PX
I get nice new house.
You buy me red car
You get me these thing
I make you forget where you are!

I love you, no shit.

June 12, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - hey, i've not been on in a while, i wasn't dealing with the stress too well and having bad dreams. how come a half a day away from blogging seems like a week? when is the next group therapy meeting?

Di - if blogger isn't working , i blow off a little stress working up a picture like cartman.

azcg - you're full of beans! you always have something interesting to say, you'd have a great blog.

nyasha - you sound just like me, maybe i need to start drinking coffee again.

blatfest - good to hear from you, it was 98 degrees here yesterday, i would have liked to have traded places with you for the day.

babs - i knew you would hook me up... a pot pie, beer, and a samich! you're tryin' to spoil me again.

montanus - i just had to step away from it for a while, seems better now.

xmichra - glad you're back, we missed ya, sounded like a good time, your site works well.

and yes... you are neurotic, in many ways ; )

montanus - you were starting to scare me. sounds like you might have heard that line a lot over seas.

June 12, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

whatalotoffun - i'm pretty loyal, i have my regular list and i visit them everyday (that i can get on) i just can't always leave a comment. have a good one.

June 12, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It show enough is time for a therapy session, huh??

June 12, 2006 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home